Bachelor and Master Students
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, full-time fellow to work in the evaluation of smart hydraulic actuators, with the possibility of performing a master thesis project.
At the moment of application, the candidate should be about to receive a master's degree in systems and control, robotics, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering, or have already received a master's degree not more than 6 months ago.
The succesful candidate will be involved in the modeling, simulation, controller design and experimental evaluation of the novel smart hydraulic actuators to be used in the DLS Lab robotic platforms. Furthermore, the candidate will undertake the task of designing, implementing and evaluating the performance of novel control strategies for hydraulic systems.
- Strong background in modeling and control theory, frequency and time domain analysis, signal analysis;
- Strong programming skills in Matlab/Simulink (for both design and analysis);
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) in English language;
- Strong team player;
- Willingness to integrate into a multidisciplinary, dynamic, international research group
Further desirable skills:
- Experience with hydraulic systems;
- Knowledge of feedback linearization and nonlinear control strategies in general;
- Experience in legged robotic systems;
- Good C++/Python programming skills;
All PhD positions at IIT are performed under the double affiliation between IIT and the University of Genova (Unige). The new available PhD positions are published every year around April and the application period usually expires around June of the same year. For more details and for the exact application deadlines please refer to the page of Unige dedicated to PhDs and to the webpage of IIT's PhD School.
To join the DLS lab the prospective PhD student should apply for those positions that clearly state the HyQ project and that have Claudio Semini in the list of the supervisors.