The research of the members of the Dynamic Legged Systems focuses on the design, the control and the motion planning aspects of agile legged robots. The interest of media and the public about robots and robotics applications is rapidly increasing. One of the side goals of our team is to disseminate our research communicating the new achievements of the Dynamic Legged Systems by press releases, You Tube video and on social media.
Here is a list of articles collected in the press during the past years:
- After a visit by Associeted Press, HyQ and HyQ2Max were featured in Euronews (among other media) : HyQ - The four legged robot for disaster zones.
- HyQ-Centaur in the New York Times: One-Armed HyQ Robot Can Knock Obstacles Out of Its Way (January 2016)
- The source of the above article is Reuters: One-Armed HyQ Robot Can Knock Obstacles Out of Its Way (January 2016)
- HyQ2Max in the New York Times: HyQ2Max: The Robot You Can't Keep Down (December 2015)
- The source of the above article is Reuters: HyQ2Max: The Robot you Can't Keep Down (December 2015)
- Article in Reuters Technology: Getting HyQ the robot 'disaster ready' (November 2015)
- HyQ2Max in VideoFriday of IEEE spectrum blog (May 2015)
- HyQ in DesignWorld magazine: Researchers pick hydraulic over electric to control quadruped robot legs (May 2015)
- HyQ in Hydraulics&Pneumatics magazine: Hydraulic Quadruped Uses Mini-Servovalves (February 2015)
- HyQ was featured in 'The Tech Show', produced by Manoto1 for The Marjan TV Network and broadcasted on the 18th of August, 2014. A link to the show can be found here.
- Article in Discovery Channel News Quadruped Robot Shows Off More Moves (March 2014)
- Article in IEEE Spectrum, available here. (March 2014)
- The Gadget Show of Channel 5 visited IIT and reported on iCub, Coman and HyQ. A link to the show can be found here. (February 2014)
- A full feature on Discovery Channel Canada on HyQ (a link to the aired show is available here, but only works in Canada).
- Article in the newspaper of Coop Switzerland, translated into German, Italian and French (September 2013)
- Article in Citta’ di Genova (online newspaper) about the visit of Italian primeminister Enrico Letta to IIT and HyQ “Letta all’IIT: “Qui a Genova c’è un buon gioco di squadra e si guarda al futuro” (in Italian, August 2013)
- Post on IEEE spectrum blog “HyQ Quadruped Robot Learns to Avoid Stumbles, Visits London” (July 2013)
- Russian TV featuring HyQ (July 2012) (link)
- Post on IEEE spectrum blog “Italian Quadruped Robot goes for a Walk“ (May 2012)
- Wired Italy Magazine “Ma gli androidi italiani sognano trenette al pesto?”, (November 2011) (link)
- Post on IEEE spectrum blog “HyQ Quadruped Robot From Italy Can Trot, Kick“ (October 2011)
- Article in EsPr3sSioni (May 2011) (link) and later in Agoravox (May 2011) (link)
- Einstein science program of Swiss TV channel SF (April 2011) (link), shown in May 2011 in 3SAT (link)
- LMS newsletter of March 2011 (link)
- RS@work newsletter of April 2009 (link)